Thursday, October 9, 2008

pure awareness continued

I can now feel the alert awareness or the attentive awareness while awake, and the part awareness in the dream state. And I know also about the dormant awareness while in deep sleep, at least by the feelings I sense at the point of falling into sleep and at the point of waking up.
As I understand it, the body with its alert, attentive nervous system and senses is just equipment powered by ‘pure awareness’, or by whatever other name by which one may call the ultimate source that powers my body and mind. I stop at my body and mind, and do not go up to the ‘other’ and the universe because everything outside my immediate existence is only part of my mind. But for my mind they can not exist for me.
This pure awareness is not withdrawn from me in sleep. Only the equipment is at rest with minimal awareness necessary to sustain the body. But in death the equipment, the body perishes and is no more functional. Is the power, the awareness just cut off like when electricity is cut off from fridge, TV, or the bulb in disrepair? Yes. It appears so. Therefore, while still alive, I have to feel that power within that pulsates, that creates awareness in my system. The window through which to look can only be the awareness within me, my own awareness. But can the fridge feel the current that powers it?
MY AWARENESS HAS TO BE AWARE OF ‘PURE AWARENESS’.
That is perhaps the only way by which I can feel the ultimate reality.

No comments: