Monday, September 15, 2008

mind s a tool

I wish that I had known it early enough
That my mind is not me.
My mind is only a tool.
I should have used it as a tool.
And not become a slave to it.
I could have used it to enjoy.
I could have played with it.
I should have sympathized with it.
But I should have never obeyed its dictates
Identifying myself with a mere tool.

I am the master!
I struggled all along not knowing it early enough.

But it is true. Nothing matters! Absolutely nothing matters. Of course, nothing matters at the age of eighty plus. But that is not the point. Nothing actually mattered all along. From birth to this day everything happened as it should. Only I thought it otherwise, and unwittingly wished, had it been otherwise!
Bodily discomfort and pains had always been there. They taught me to endure. Mental discomforts made me think and look for the source. Things happened as it should.
When not enjoying and not in peace, endurance is the way.

No comments: