Thursday, September 4, 2008

stomach agitates the mind

Most of the disturbing thoughts I have, almost all of them, have their origin in the STOMACH! Or so I am tempted to conclude. It is the irritation, the disturbance, however mild, that creates uncomfortable thoughts. Don’t we find that nightmares at night go away after a glass of cool water taken in? It is similar. Even in waking stage the position is the same although I may unconsciously divert my attention elsewhere to avoid uncomfortable thoughts. When I am attentive I am able to detect the phenomenon.
And it is now well known that agonizing thoughts and tensions of the mind can or do create stomach problems. It is therefore a two-way traffic. It is a vicious circle. Stomach trouble creating thought/mind disturbances, and disturbances of the mind creating stomach troubles!
For a lesser degree this may be true in respect of other organs also. May be for other people this may be more true in respect of some other organ in their body.
And, I have forgotten to say the obvious. I have been a heart patient, and any mental disturbance used to trigger palpitation of my heart, and any palpitation of my heart used to agitate my mind!
ARE THOUGHTS CONTOLLED BY MY BODY? Must be, normally, unless I am consciously attentive to be otherwise.

No comments: