Saturday, March 28, 2009

feeling as windows: instinct


Can I know and feel what drives my heart to beat, what force or power runs me alive? Can a fridge know or feel the electricity that runs it? Can a bulb feel the current that makes it glow? The current passes through the bulb and makes it glow giving out light. But the bulb has no capacity to know or feel, whereas Man, I, have the capacity to know things provided I can compare anything new with things I already know. But no such prior knowledge is required to feel. Only for recognition previous knowledge is required. So, I have the capacity to feel the power that ticks me. That capacity is my awareness expressed though my feelings. Therefore, is it through feelings, or, is the feeling the window through which I can look at the power that runs my system, the organism?

One is able to distinguish which are the inclinations, behaviors, thoughts, and emotions that come from human instinct and which all come from one’s information and knowledge. The first is inbuilt in the body and the second is learned. The learned tendencies and habits come from the mind, memory. But the instinctive behavior comes from deeper within. Why not look and observe through that instinct to find out what force powers and pushes it? The Source must be somewhere behind it. Intuitive perception must be possible on fasting and looking within.

No comments: