Saturday, March 28, 2009

surrender to wonder

I was really struck with wonder! Why, actually it was nothing to talk about, something that happens every now and then. But this time it left me astounded.
A trifle event. While eating my lunch a little miniscule chip of coconut kernel got into my side gullet irritating my throat. I coughed, and coughed; it wouldn’t go down or come up. I drank water. No, it wouldn’t budge, and is still irritating. The cough and sneeze became violent. I swallowed some cooked rice to push it down. Yet it persisted in irritating without moving. I gave up! Let it be! I surrender! Let the irritation have its way. I grunted every now and then getting resigned to the trouble.
Then, Lo! All on a sudden a lump of mucus shot out of my throat through the mouth with the irritating chip encapsulated inside!
I had not given any instructions for the mucus to exude out and attack the intruder! I had not summoned it to come to my rescue. I had not stored sufficient phlegm as ammunition. I had not constructed any mini-factory or gland in my gullet to produce mucus. I was aware of no mechanism that could shoot it out. Yet it all happened. This whole life is suddenly such a wonder! Things happen in my world of their own accord. I don’t do anything except indulging in useless worry, silly struggles, and small-time strife. What happens is as they should have happened. Always!

No comments: