Monday, March 30, 2009

thoughts and moods

Fearful thoughts persist in haunting me because I want to ward them off and avoid. If I ignore they are more adamant. So, what is the way out? A solution is urgent but not forthcoming. It was then I chanced to notice that along with the thoughts I wanted to avoid, there was attached to it a depressing, fearful mood or feeling without which those thoughts have no existence. The feeling or mood was the one that triggered the thought, and was still lingering adamantly. The mood produced the thoughts. Mostly the thoughts and feelings are combined into one single unit, attacked and occupied the mental space. Therefore I decided that I should tackle the feeling or mood forgetting about the disturbing thoughts. I stayed with the mood however uncomfortable it was. It worked. Without the support of the thoughts the mood/feeling slowly subsided. The disturbing thoughts then had no place anywhere in the mental space. Feeling or perceiving or being aware of the restless disturbing mood seemed to quench it when attention is taken away from the thoughts

No comments: